Tuesday, June 23, 2015

SAVE YOUR MONEY



Brand: Unknown - Generic
Color: Black
Size: 10
Leather: Split Cow
Soles / Heels: Cat's Paw
Hardware: Nickel
Condition: "Good"
Sold For: $500 / Buy It Now

I've mentioned time and time again that "Knowledge is Power" and either the buyer of these Engineer Boots - made with a quality of leather just above pleather - has a large disposable income or truly believed these 1960's / 1970's boots were actually circa 1950's.

From the tiny thumbnail in the search results, it was obvious these boots were the furthest thing from being mid-century and the enlarged photos clearly reinforced this.  Unique characteristics I keyed in on include split cowhide, the addition of aftermarket Cat's Paw heel lifts / half-soles atop molded composition plastic soles and  the overall profile - 1950's flat-toed Engineer Boots have a distinct look compared to something made later in the century.  There's no question these boots are vintage with a period resole, but in terms of value I wouldn't suggest paying more than a "C-Note" for these ... if someone really wanted a starter pair.

I've provided quite a bit of empirical data on this blog that should assist potential buyers of this footwear style in making an informed buying decision.  Had the buyer done a little bit of research here, four, if not five bills could have been used towards something more vintage.  Even I do research using information I've posted on this blog.

If you're unsure of a purchase, please feel free to contact me.  I'm more than glad to help.  There are quite a few e-mails that I'm delinquent on responding to, but rest assured that I'll catch up to them once my workload lightens up.  They just may end up on "reader mail."

www.vintageengineerboots.com






www.vintageengineerboots.com

No comments:

Post a Comment