Wednesday, March 18, 2015

READER MAIL


Hi there. I'm a long time follower of your blog; great stuff! I was wondering if I could pick your brain if I may on the subject of a pair of 2268s I have. The problem is the right boot hurts my big toe after a while of wearing them which I think is caused by the steel toe cap - the left is fine. Can the toe caps be removed say if you where to get them resoled by Okuyama, for example, as I am going to Tokyo early next year or is it too much hassle? Any advice is much appreciated. Keep up the good work

Andrew
Edinburgh

www.vintageengineerboots.com




Takeshi Okuyama: scip-evo@hukurokuju.com
 Telephone: 03-3871-8262
Tuesday-Sunday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm


Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for the e-mail! A good cobbler can pretty much do anything; a great cobbler like Okuyama can do everything. Having the protective material removed is quite common, especially for those hoping for a classic deflated toe box look. The above photos are great examples of 2268's with their steel toes removed. A search of his blog will reveal plenty more examples of this procedure on various other makes. I recommend contacting him via e-mail first to ensure you're all set when you get to Japan.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment